Friday, April 20, 2007

Clothing

I am really bad at buying clothes... more bad than all the other things I'm bad at buying, even. I just never feel comfortable in any of the places that I've tried to buy them. So.

It happens that I have two shirts now that are not mine: one belongs to my brother John and one to Dan Linsenmann. I have offered both of them their shirts back, but neither really wanted them. For a while both shirts sat at the bottom of my drawer, but I've started wearing them a lot lately. Even though neither one really looks good on me, I enjoy it.

AND I'M GOING TO SOUTHERN ILLINOIS! I DEPART ON FOOT FOR THE TRAIN STATION IN SANTA CLARA FROM WHICH THE BUS DEPARTS TO TAKE ME TO THE AIRPORT IN SAN JOSÉ FROM WHICH THE AIRPLANE DEPARTS THAT WILL TAKE ME TO THE AIRPORT IN SANTA ANA FROM WHICH THE AIRPLANE DEPARTS THAT WILL TAKE ME TO THE AIRPORT IN SAINT LOUIS WHERE I WILL ACQUIRE MY RENTAL CAR THAT I WILL DRIVE TO A HOTEL IN MARION WHERE I WILL STAY OVERNIGHT BEFORE DEPARTING FOR THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER VALLEY WHERE THE RIVER TO RIVER RELAY STARTS IN UNDER FOUR HOURS.

I am really ridiculously excited about this, and can't sleep. Hopefully I'll crash on the plane. Err... hm. I'll let that stand.

3 comments:

Danielle in Iowa said...

Good luck! Have fun running with the speedy folks!

John Dimond said...

When did you offer my shirt back? Also, which shirt is it?

Al Dimond said...

It's a black ACM "Reflections Projections" shirt. It somehow wound up with my stuff quite a while ago and you were all "whatever".