Tuesday, October 7, 2008

OH EM GEE HE SAID "THAT ONE" OH SNAP

Hey, why do we care about this bullshit, let's talk about the substance of the debate.

Like, I want to hear more about Barack Obama and John McCain standing on that floor, you know, trying to mis-characterize each other's positions. Oh, right. Carry on then.

DID YOU KNOW THAT THE FIREFOX SPELL CHECK DICTIONARY (VERSION 2.0.0.17 WITH THE ENGLISH DICTIONARY ONLY; NO, I DON'T KNOW ABOUT FIREFOX THREE, IT'S NOT STABLE IN PORTAGE YET) HAS BOTH "JOHN" AND "MCCAIN" IN IT BUT NEITHER "BARACK" NOR "OBAMA". SO MUCH FOR THE LIBERAL OPEN SOURCE BIAS, AMIRITE?!?

EDIT: Oh, one other thing. I love it when politicians say they're going to "kill Bin Laden". I think Democrats especially score high on the grep -c '(capture and )?kill (Osama )?Bin Laden'-o-meter; they say it often enough that you remember they're serious about wanting to kill this guy (because always a concern, when it comes to Democrats, that they don't enjoy killing enough to lead the USA), but not so often that it loses that visceral punch. I bet politicians practice this line in front of a mirror 50 times a day just to desensitize themselves.

(I wrote a song about this and a few other things in college, not long before the invasion of Iraq, and I've started singing it again lately. Maybe being in an election season and hearing "kill Bin Laden" all the time again has brought it back into my consciousness)

No comments: