- East-west streets
- Chicago grid-aligned numbered Streets and Places: Existing throughout the city and the suburbs south of Madison, the Streets align with grid addresses (i.e. 63rd St. is at 6300 S), and the Places are 50 address numbers, or about 110 yards, south (i.e. 21st Place, where I live, at 2150 S). Usually they're 8 to a mile, except, corresponding to the grid's distortion south of Madison, 12 in the first mile (Madison to Roosevelt), 10 in the second (Roosevelt to Cermak), and 9 in the third (Cermak to 31st).
- Presidential streets: Proceeding south in chronological order (though not including all presidents) between Washington Street and Roosevelt Road. Many of these extend quite far into the suburbs.
- Numbered streets in Elmhurst: First through third, proceeding north of the train tracks.
- Chicago grid-aligned numbered Avenues and Courts: These never to my knowledge appear within the city, but seem to appear closest to the city in Cicero and Berwyn (hence the 54th/Cermak L terminal). Avenues run on even-hundred blocks, Courts 50 numbers to the west. They come up also in Orland Park, and maybe other places in the south-west suburbs, up to at least 252nd. Always 8 to a mile.
- Alphabetized street names by mile west of the Indiana border: the idea was that streets in the first mile would start with 'A', the second mile with 'B' and so on. The idea came a little late to the game, though. Almost all north-south streets between Pulaski Rd. and Cicero Ave. in most places are 'K' streets, and many 'L' streets exist between Cicero and Central Ave. Up by Irving Park Road you see 'N's to Harlem, 'O's to Pacific, then 'P's until the grid comes to an abrupt halt. Plus the next bullet point, which is sort-of cheating. These are approximately by mile, because they're fixed to even miles on the grid, which doesn't hit the border on an even mile.
- Lettered Avenues east of the Indiana border: on the East Side, Avenue A along the border through Avenue O. Just over 16 to a mile.
- Numbered avenues in the west suburbs: extending west from 1st Ave. in Maywood, they seem to end at 25th if you're near the Ike or on Washington. But if you're farther north, on Lake or St. Charles, you see more, all the way up to 53rd just east of Wolf Road. There's even at least one Court just off of Lake.
- Numbered avenues in La Grange. These go from 6th to 10th extending east from La Grange Road. I don't know if there are 1st through 5th Aves. But, as there aren't, to my knowledge, 1st though 48th Avenues on the Chicago grid, this isn't really very troubling.
I'm sure there are more, but these are all the ones I know of, and including Elmhurst and La Grange ones is... kind of ridiculous anyway. Good night everyone!