Monday, September 12, 2011

I don't think Teh Valley has changed much...

... I've changed a lot, though. Although I certainly wouldn't want to live in Teh Valley or something, being in a better place in life than I was then makes being here less weird than it was back in 2006.

I'm in Palo Alto right now, because I'm starting a new job at Google tomorrow and Googlers have orientation in Mountain View. After getting a bit lost running in Rancho Ca├▒ada del Oro I went walking around Palo Alto looking for something to eat. I came across a used bookstore called Know Knew Books holding a going-out-of-business sale, with everything half-off. I didn't have much cash on me, so I had to live behind an H. G. Wells combo and a couple old books about Seattle, but picked up a copy of Hunter S. Thompson's book about the Hell's Angels. Then some dude performed some monologues. The first was originally by a famous female monologist whose name I don't recall, and the second, I believe, was his own work. Really great stuff.

I brought ye olde guitar to work on some songs while I'm here, because I feel like I'm on the verge of getting somewhere on a few. I think I'm going to go back to my roots a bit for RPM 2012. Songs written from my own perspective or about personal concerns, more soft and acoustic sounds, harmonicas, clarinets. Maybe more piano. I'm thinking about trying to do one-word titles for all the songs.

No comments: